Does MacPorts depend on Spotlight?

Sriranga Veeraraghavan sriranga at berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 22 06:22:30 UTC 2021

Hi Dave,

I’ve often wondered how to find out about the functionality of all the different command line programs in MacOSX.  The best list I’ve come across is:

https://git.herrbischoff.com/awesome-macos-command-line/about/

There is also a interesting Git project that shows the differences in man pages between Big Sur and Monterey, but I’ve never seen anything like that for earlier releases:

https://github.com/kaleidoscope-app/man-diff <https://github.com/kaleidoscope-app/man-diff>

Best,

-ranga