No user or group to remove on macOS Catalina

Masoud Ghaderi masoudshao at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:16:13 UTC 2021

Hello,
I am following the steps from
https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html to
remove mac ports from my machine (it is currently functioning but I want to
migrate to homebrew and I've heard they do not coexist).
The second step states that I need to remove the user or group that has
been created by macports. However, looking for the user (as suggested in SO)

/usr/bin/dscl . -search /Users name macports

returns nothing. Also, running step 3 with -v flag did not return anything.
Executing
where port
returned
/opt/local/bin/port

Any help regarding the proper uninstallation of macports would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Masoud