No user or group to remove on macOS Catalina

chilli.namesake at gmail.com chilli.namesake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:46:08 UTC 2021

To uninstall macports entirely, I use the three commands below in a script (which I assume I got from the manual, but it's been awhile, I do not recall), but they work just as well one at a time:

sudo port -vfp uninstall --follow-dependencies installed

sudo port -vfp uninstall all

sudo rm -rf   /opt/local   /Library/Tcl/macports*