What is up with perl5.26 on Snow Leo?

Uli Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 02:21:55 UTC 2021

Well, I wonder whether someone did something within the last day or two.
I just tried it again, and lo-and-behold, perl5.26 installed just fine &
now MacPorts is getting to work on the backlog of things that I could
not update because of this problem.

This after I just found out (in debug mode) that the perl5.26 port
actually was not able to get its files; the fetch errored out with a 404
error for all attempts. What is odd is that it proceeded to do a bunch
of things after that & even went to the destroot phase. I would love to
send the log, but the renewed attempt was to generate the log so I could
pack it up & send it, only for now the install succeeded making this moot.

So, my thanks go out to whomever fixed this.

Uli