mango linking question

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:32:46 UTC 2021

Nothing important, we think.

When we first started building ports with the buildbot using BigSur, we built with the system of the time which was BigSur 11.2, so some of the builds were marked with that system as a floor.

We later decided hat it would be better to build against the lowest BigSur, so changed the builds to be against 11.0, so as to be compatible with all BigSur versions.

Not everything has been rebuilt, so there is still some 11.2 labelled code in there.

Ken

(it is possible, actually, that someone might install some of that 11.2 code on a BigSur 11.0 or 11.1 system and something might not work right. That has not yet been reported, and not many are likely hanging back on < 11.2 any more, so we haven't gone through rebuilding it all. In due course, everything will get rebuilt and then this error should no longer appear.

It is also possible that something good might happen if the port was built against - say - 11.6 that can't happen if the build is forced to be 11.0 compatible. That also has not happened yet as far as we know, so we are watching for that at the moment).