What is the best way of installing Python's scientific libraries in MacPorts?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 5 22:24:25 UTC 2021

On Oct 4, 2021, at 09:24, Giuseppe 'ferdy' Miceli wrote:

> I would daresay to remove everything (—force option would be handy) and then start over again from scratch :-)

The global force flag (-f) should be used sparingly since its use almost always indicates that some problem has already occurred that needs to be attended to. The force flag probably has no effect when uninstalling ports, since there's no good reason why uninstalling a port should ever fail, and if it does, it's due to registry corruption or some other fatal error that cannot be corrected by MacPorts.