how to add a python package to python39

VACCARI FRANCO vaccari at units.it
Thu Oct 14 12:31:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

I’m going to experiment with python on a new M1 MacMini and installed python39 and most of the packages needed by instaseis

<https://instaseis.net>

I’m getting in trouble with matplotlib-basemap. I see several versions listed but not the one for python39. If I look at the version for python38

port file py38-matplotlib-basemap

points me to /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports/python/py-matplotlib-basemap/Portfile

and inside that I see this entry

python.versions     27 35 36 37 38

How to add compatibility with python39 to it? It looks like it’s not just a matter of adding 39 there... How could I create the py39matplotlib-basemap package?

Sorry for what is very likely a dumb question...

Franco