code::blocks and X11 via MacPorts: is this as it is supposed to be?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Tue Sep 14 08:01:02 UTC 2021

> On 13 Sep 2021, at 22:50, Eric Gallager <egall at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:
>
> Codeblocks has alternative variants that don't use X11 if X11 isn't
> working for you; try installing with the +wxwidgets30 variant instead
> of the +wxgtk30 variant.

The +wxgtk30 variant lacks functionality, it seems, and doesn’t work. E.g. installing it and trying to create a new project does not give you the choice to select an object type. All categories and such are empty.

Back to the GTK variant, but that one doesn’t work fully either, but I guess it is an Apple thing because the problem is that it cannot create a directory for a project (so probably a rights issue)

(I’m testing this for someone else who has little technical skills)