Apache httpd 2.4.49 port will not launch on ElCap

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Sep 24 20:53:21 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-22 at 16:47:41 UTC-0400 (Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:47:41 +0200)
Bjarne D Mathiesen <macintosh at mathiesen.info>
is rumored to have said:

> Bill Cole wrote:
>> I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if anyone has a
>> sense of whether this is really a MacPorts-specific problem or if it
>> is (as I suspect but have not been able to confirm) a problem with
>> httpd.
>
> I'm running apache 2.4.49 on
> * 10.6.8
> * 10.15.7
> without any issues

That brackets the problem a bit.

Given the odd failure ("crashed on child side of fork pre-exec" with a
segfault) I suspect it is something specific to the platform, e.g.
compiler version, shared library versions, etc. and I'm experimenting
with rebuilding it in different ways to  see if I can find a way to make
it work.

Currently running with '-X' as a workaround (doesn't fork...)

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire