Lilypond-devel & Big Sur?

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 01:39:11 UTC 2022

> On Apr 5, 2022, at 5:27 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Apr 5, 2022, at 13:04, Stanton Sanderson wrote:
>
>> Wondering if anyone else has found problems with the latest update of Lilypond-devel (to v 2.23.7) on Big Sur (11.6.5) and Frescobaldi (3.1.3)… Had to revert to Lilypond-devel 2.23.6.
>
> Would you care to specify what those problems were?

This all too obvious question was expected. I have been reluctant to reinstall/reactivate lilypond-devel 2.23.7 since I’ve been using Lilypond extensively.

So I reinstalled on one machine, and did the deactivate (2.23.6) and activate (2.23.7) on the other. Compiled updated files on both machines with no errors reported. The obvious answer is operator error, too little faith in Macports and worry about the time involved in further testing.

What I think I saw before might have been a gs error; all is good now.

Sorry for the noise, thanks for the query, and much gratitude for your work.

-Stan