PHP8 and Apple Apache

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Apr 8 22:58:58 UTC 2022

On Apr 8, 2022, at 17:40, James Secan wrote:

> I’m just getting started on php, and started by putting php81 on a Big Sur system.  While looking at how to tweak the configuration on this setup, I find that I need libphp8.0.so.  The Apple setup for apache2 has libphp7.so, but nothing for 8.  This was not part of the Macports-installed php81 package, so where does this come from?

The php81 port provides only the PHP 8.1 command line. If you want other PHP Server APIs (SAPIs) install the corresponding other ports. For example, the PHP 8.1 Apache 2 handler is in the php81-apache2handler port. Installing this will also install the MacPorts apache2 port, if you don't already have it installed. It will not use an existing Apple install of Apache.