macOS 12.3 and /usr/bin/python. Status?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 17 14:16:08 UTC 2022

On Apr 17, 2022, at 09:13, Christian Calderon wrote:

> I’m on 12.3 on all my macs, and I haven’t noticed anything broken in MacPorts because of the removal of python. If I ram into something that needed /usr/bin/python I’d just make a symbolic link to MacPorts python 2.

You would not be able to make a symbolic link at /usr/bin/python because /usr/bin is a protected directory.

If you do encounter ports broken by the removal of /usr/bin/python, please do not keep that discovery to yourself and try to work around it just for yourself. Please report the problem to us in the issue tracker or send a pull request on GitHub to fix it.