Port tree not syncing

Davide Liessi davide.liessi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:39:52 UTC 2022

Hi.

Il giorno ven 3 giu 2022 alle ore 03:44 Craig Treleaven
<ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> ha scritto:
> I’m a port maintainer…but I’m having a user problem.  For some weeks now, ‘sudo port selfupdate’ has not been properly updating my local ports tree(s) on my main Mac.

Il giorno dom 5 giu 2022 alle ore 22:49 Craig Treleaven
<ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> ha scritto:
> I seem to have it fixed.  I guessed that PortIndex (in /Users/craigtreleaven/mp/macports-ports) might be damaged so I moved it aside temporarily and ran ’sudo port -d sync’.  After it chugged away, it reported a whole bunch of ports were outdated.

I'm having the same problem, but even after removing PortIndex neither
`sudo port sync` nor `sudo port selfupdate` pulled the latest changes
in the git repository.

Il giorno ven 3 giu 2022 alle ore 04:19 Ryan Schmidt
<ryandesign at macports.org> ha scritto:
> Is it a git clone of the macports-ports repository? Ours or your fork? What happens if you try to update it with git manually? Is there an error? Or is perhaps a branch other than master checked out?

I have a git clone of the macports-ports repository and the currently
checked out branch is `master` from the official repository.
If I `git pull` manually and then `portindex` or `sudo port sync` or
`sudo port selfupdate` the Portfile is correctly generated.

Any hints?

Best wishes.
Davide