jemalloc +universal

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Aug 22 19:37:08 UTC 2022

On Aug 22, 2022, at 1:31 PM, Bill Cole <macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
> On 2022-08-22 at 10:26:14 UTC-0400 (Mon, 22 Aug 2022 15:26:14 +0100)
>> The auto build build either an arm64 or an x86_64, so seems like no one would ever know if a +universal build fails.
>
> It's unclear to me why anyone would need a universal build for something so low-level. Looking *cursorily* at the errors in the log in your bug report, I suspect it may be due to the code not having support for a universal build. You may want to also open an upstream bug, if you can analyze it well enough to determine that upstream fixes are required.

the muniversal portgroup may help here (since it will just run multiple builds and lipo them together), but I haven't looked at the jemalloc build to see if it would be helpful here (sometimes the build changes needed make it easier to just make the project build universal the 'normal' way instead).

--
Daniel J. Luke