High Sierra

jkorchok at gmail.com jkorchok at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 01:23:06 UTC 2022

Hi James,

AFAIK, High Sierra uses Xcode 9.4.1:

https://developer.apple.com/download/all/?q=xcode%209.4.1

John Korchok

From: macports-users <macports-users-bounces at lists.macports.org> On Behalf
Of James
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2022 6:45 PM
To: MacPorts Users <macports-users at lists.macports.org>
Subject: High Sierra

Hi

many folk here run older macos. Perhaps someone can help me

I've a 2011 iMac27 pegged at High Sierra

I was trying to build mythtv; all my attempts to create a High Sierra VM
failed, and I caused great chaos on my main machine. Naw wurries I'll just
reinstall. All the gods snicked and nudged each other!

A long time later I have a working High Sierra.

Now I'm trying to install macports. I glean that I need xcode 10.4 Which
I've got on timemachine, but apple does not list as available.

https://developer.apple.com/download/all/

I cant access old time machine images :-( Apple Support Community suggest
restoring THAT image on a usb drive to get the image. I can access the
archive directly but with strange ACL permissions.

Any suggestion on how to get xcode 10.4

What about CLI tools

Thanks

James