a2ps fails to install (compressed log attached)

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:12:48 UTC 2022

% uname -a
Darwin MacBookPro-2012 22.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 22.2.0: Fri Nov 11 02:08:47 PST 2022; root:xnu-8792.61.2~4/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

% ls -la /usr/bin/makeinfo
ls: /usr/bin/makeinfo: No such file or directory

The makeinfo in the makeinfo port was too new to build this, so once you change it to use that makeinfo again, it will likely still be broken.

Someone will need to fix it to work with the new makeinfo, or we generate another port that provides Apple’s older makeinfo version from Ventura.