Finding dependents

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Dec 23 20:17:09 UTC 2022

On 2022-12-23 at 07:49:09 UTC-0500 (Fri, 23 Dec 2022 13:49:09 +0100)
Gerben Wierda via macports-users <gerben.wierda at rna.nl>
is rumored to have said:

> Ik keep struggling when I try to find out dependencies once in a
> while.
>
> Suppose I have this installed:
>
>   postfix @3.7.2_0+dovecot_sasl+pcre+smtputf8+tls (active)
>
> How do I find out the port dependencies with the port command such
> that port tells me my postfix depends on port:pcre?

# port rdeps postfix @3.7.2_0+dovecot_sasl+pcre+smtputf8+tls
The following ports are dependencies of postfix
@3.7.3_0+dovecot_sasl+pcre+smtputf8+tls:
   pcre
     bzip2
     libedit
       ncurses
     zlib
       xz
         gettext
           libiconv
             gperf
           libtextstyle
           gettext-runtime
           gettext-tools-libs
   icu
   openssl
     openssl3

OR, if you want something that doesn't require you to know the variants:

# port rdeps `port -q installed postfix|cut -d'(' -f1`

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire