certificate update for old Macs

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Tue Jan 4 00:12:17 UTC 2022

The only problem with that or anything similar, is that unless you go to quite a lot of work to just download rather than install the PEM file, and convert it into something human readable WITHOUT installing it, and investigate every certificate in there, you're trusting that the site you got it from is not only legit, but is secure and hasn't been hacked to alter the file to provide some very bogus certificates that could work together with some sort DNS spoofing to get you to feed sensitive information (ie bank passwords, etc) via an untrusted site that would capture it.

eMail:				mailto:rlhamil at smart.net