Building Ruby gems with MacPorts Ruby

Fang-Pin Chang nb at bitaxis.com
Sat Jan 8 16:45:35 UTC 2022

My recommendation is to install rbenv using MacPorts.  Then you can either install ruby-build either using MacPorts or as a plugin to rbenv, and then install the versions of Ruby you want locally (outside of MacPorts), like so:

$ rbenv install 3.0.3
$ rbenv install 3.1.0

If you want to dive deeper, also install the rbenv-gemset plugin to have control over project-specific gems.

—