include omp-tools.h not found in libomp or libomp-devel

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Thu Jan 27 17:17:02 UTC 2022

Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 10:16 AM
From: "Stéphane Genaud" <genaud at unistra.fr>

> Since the OpenMP 5.0 standard, an OMPT interface has been defined and implemented in clang/llvm
> and the standard specifies its C/C++ header file must be named “omp-tools.h"
>
> It is present in the openmp llvm source code base
> (see https://github.com/llvm-mirror/openmp/tree/master/runtime/src/include)
>
> but i can’t find it neither in package libomp nor libomp-devel, where i think they should reside.
>
> Is this header provided somewhere else ?

OMPT support is currently disabled in MacPorts libomp ports (`-DLIBOMP_OMPT_SUPPORT=FALSE` is specified in the portfile), and has been so for almost 4 years. I am not aware why it is disabled. Unless a maintainer has already noticed this thread, I would suggest opening a ticket to request OMPT be enabled.

Christopher A. Chavez