Understaning rleaves, rdepof

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Jan 29 12:20:52 UTC 2022

> On 29 Jan 2022, at 11:45, Gerben Wierda via macports-users <macports-users at lists.macports.org <mailto:macports-users at lists.macports.org>> wrote:
>
> I was cleaning up MacPorts on one system prior to an OS upgrade, and I noticed
>
> root at hermione LaunchDaemons # port list rleaves
> root at hermione LaunchDaemons # port list rdepof xorg-libX11
> xorg-libX11                    @1.7.2          x11/xorg-libX11
>
> Now, as I understand it rleaves are the ports that are in your landscape that have nothing that depends on it. Accoriding to port there are no such ports. So, the port xorg-libX11 should have some sort of a dependency. But all my attempts to find it come up empty.
>
> Cleaning up MacPorts remains a mystery to me.

Adding to my confusion:

albus:MacPortsDev sysbh$ port installed depof dovecot
  dovecot @2.3.17_0+apns+solr (active)
albus:MacPortsDev sysbh$ port installed rdepof dovecot
  dovecot @2.3.17_0+apns+solr (active)
albus:MacPortsDev sysbh$ port installed rdepends dovecot
  dovecot @2.3.17_0+apns+solr (active)
albus:MacPortsDev sysbh$ port installed dependentof dovecot
  dovecot @2.3.17_0+apns+solr (active)
albus:MacPortsDev sysbh$ port installed rdependentof dovecot
  dovecot @2.3.17_0+apns+solr (active)

Same for postfix for instance. Now, whatever pseudo-portname I give, the answer is always only the port itself. That cannot be right.