Warning: The macOS 12 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Jan 29 12:46:36 UTC 2022

On a freshly updated macOS Monterey (Xcode updated, xcode-select install has run (but reported it was already installed) I get warnings that the macOS 12 SDK has not been installed on some ports, e.g.:

--->  Computing dependencies for tiff
--->  Fetching archive for tiff
--->  Attempting to fetch tiff-4.3.0_0.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/tiff
--->  Attempting to fetch tiff-4.3.0_0.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/tiff
--->  Installing tiff @4.3.0_0
--->  Activating tiff @4.3.0_0
--->  Cleaning tiff
Warning: The macOS 12 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-xcb-proto
--->  Dependencies to be installed: autoconf m4 automake python38 openssl
--->  Fetching archive for m4
--->  Attempting to fetch m4-1.4.19_1.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/m4
--->  Attempting to fetch m4-1.4.19_1.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/m4
--->  Installing m4 @1.4.19_1
--->  Activating m4 @1.4.19_1
--->  Cleaning m4

--->  Fetching archive for unbound
--->  Attempting to fetch unbound-1.14.0_0.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/unbound
--->  Attempting to fetch unbound-1.14.0_0.darwin_21.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/unbound
--->  Installing unbound @1.14.0_0
--->  Activating unbound @1.14.0_0
--->  Cleaning unbound
Warning: The macOS 12 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libxcb

No idea why these give the warning and also not clear to me for which port the warning actually holds (i.e. ‘Cleaning tiff’ or 'Computing dependencies for xorg-xcb-proto’)

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>