openat on 10.6.8?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Jan 30 08:12:24 UTC 2022

Pretty sure it first appeared in 10.10, that's the first one for which I see the man page in the OS source code.

Implementations lag behind standards, although admittedly that's a rather substantial lag. :-)

(I've downloaded quite a number of versions of the source, and for each built an index file listing the name of each .tar.gz file along with each file within it, so a simple grep can find some things quickly, although in this case I had to also grep for xnu, to keep the search from picking up things like gnutar that optionally _used_ openat)

eMail:				mailto:rlhamil at smart.net