Can I use Macports for Gimp maintenance?

Friedrich Beckmann friedrich.beckmann at gmx.de
Sat Jul 2 14:10:47 UTC 2022

Hi Lukas,

i do the macos builds for pspp - a statistics package based on gtk. I also build bundles based on macports and as you figured out you have recompile everything to use the quartz version of all libraries. I also tried to create macos bundles which run on several macos versions. Ryan helped a lot however now I moved to homebrew because it uses quartz directly. A discussion about using MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET and strategy:

https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2020-September/048753.html

I think the easiest way is to build on an older version of MacOS. However I only had my laptop...

Regards

Friedrich