Macports user on login screen after migration from old Mac to new Mac

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Jul 31 15:48:35 UTC 2022

I don't know what 'macadmin' is. If you mean the 'macports' user, it should be as unprivileged as possible, and thus not a member of any groups other than its own.

TBH, the easiest fix is probably to delete the 'macports' user and group, and let them be recreated by the installer during step 2 of the Migration process.

- Josh