Running a mail server via MacPorts on macOS Monterey

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Mar 5 15:02:01 UTC 2022

Yes, I have considered VMs. Or move to containers. But as long as I can prevent having more than one OS to keep in control, I will do so.

The big issue for me apart from minimising what I need to be in carol of is that I need this to survive a reboot completely (e.g. if I’m away for 3 weeks and something happens, I must be certain it all runs again without my intervention). I even created a setup to do the docker stuff (start a virtual box docker machine at boot without any need to be logged in). See Gerben Wierda / macOS-manage-docker-machines <https://gitlab.com/gctwnl/rnadockermachineonmacmanager> on GitLab.

But what I never got around to my time is limited) is making sure the docker stuff (or docker machines) were routed. And as long as my setup kept working there was not enough need.

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>