rsync build failure on mojave

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 02:43:44 UTC 2022

On Mar 5, 2022, at 07:29, chilli.namesake wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2022, at 20:39, chilli.namesake wrote:
>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ is refusing to let me submit a ticket returning an inscrutable "invalid parameters" complaint.

That error doesn't immediately ring a bell for me, and since you were able to file the ticket later, who knows, maybe there was just a temporary server problem or network problem.

Trac does have the ability to prevent "bad content" from being submitted. I think this applies to any field of the ticket and comments and attachments. We use this to prevent spam. The list of bad content is here:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/BadContent

Occasionally the regular expressions we enter there inadvertently match legitimate content that users want to submit, preventing them from submitting a ticket or ticket comment or adding an attachment. I don't remember what error Trac gives in that case, but it is at least as vague and unhelpful as "invalid parameters". In that case, we need to figure out which of the regular expressions was too broad and make them more specific.

> Maybe I'm losing it, but I'm getting the feeling I've been shadow banned.
>
> Can anyone hear me? Thanks.

We hear you! :) The list received several copies of your message.

If I remember correctly, GMail does not deliver copies of your own mailing list messages to you. If you want copies of your own messages delivered to you you'll have to see if GMail has a setting to let it do so or use a different email provider.

As far as I know there's currently nothing in any of the MacPorts infrastructure that supports the practice of shadow banning. As far as I know the need for such a facility has never arisen.