Drive-by downloads of Install macOS Monterey

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Tue Mar 8 21:09:04 UTC 2022

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 8:35 PM
From: "Ryan Schmidt"

If the installer is deleted, it may eventually be downloaded again. To prevent this, one workaround suggested by https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/sj3aia/comment/hvcm3e4/ is to create an empty folder 'Install macOS Monterey.app' and lock it (either from "Get Info", or from the command line using `chflags uchg '/Applications/Install macOS Monterey.app/'`).