Failure Notice

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 10 08:38:52 UTC 2022

On Mar 9, 2022, at 19:55, Lenore Horner wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: MAILER-DAEMON at yahoo.com
>> Subject: Failure Notice
>> Date: March 9, 2022 at 20:50:45 EST
>> To: lenorehorner at sbcglobal.net
>>
>> Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
>>
>> <macports-users at lists.macports.org>:
>> 554: 5.7.1 Service unavailable

I'm not sure why service was unavailable. Maybe there was a temporary server problem. Clemens or Rainer would be the ones who could check the server logs to find out. Obviously whatever problem existed no longer exists, since you were able to send this next message.

I agree, that is peculiar.

Does "port version" now show that 2.7.2 is installed? If so, it probably is.

You could run "sudo port -fv selfupdate" to force MacPorts to reinstall 2.7.2 even though it thinks it already has. If you try that and it experiences some error, let us know.