Failure Notice

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 10 19:56:35 UTC 2022

On 10/03/2022 09.38, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2022, at 19:55, Lenore Horner wrote:
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: MAILER-DAEMON at yahoo.com
>>> Subject: Failure Notice
>>> Date: March 9, 2022 at 20:50:45 EST
>>> To: lenorehorner at sbcglobal.net
>>>
>>> Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
>>>
>>> <macports-users at lists.macports.org>:
>>> 554: 5.7.1 Service unavailable
>
> I'm not sure why service was unavailable. Maybe there was a temporary server problem. Clemens or Rainer would be the ones who could check the server logs to find out. Obviously whatever problem existed no longer exists, since you were able to send this next message.

Apparently the message was cut-off by yahoo. The full message returned
by our mail server included the real reason:

554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [66.163.189.87] blocked using
dnsbl.sorbs.net; Currently Sending Spam See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?66.163.189.87; [...]

We rely on a few anti-spam blocklists such as SORBS to avoid accepting
mails from servers that are known to send spam. In this case, one of the
outgoing mail servers of Yahoo is currently listed there. Yahoo needs to
take action to get it removed from this list.

Sorry for the inconvenience that caused for you.

Rainer