port diagnose and xcode

chilli.namesake at gmail.com chilli.namesake at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:30:34 UTC 2022

MacPorts is, by a long margin, the best package manager for macOS and Mac OS X before it.

Homebrew is more like a cult than a package manager, and it has always been redundant and inferior to MacPorts. It is inferior due to the way it botches permissions, and specifically the way it creates security issues by annexing and changing the permissions and ownership of /local/bin

Homebrew was never not broken. It was always a bloody mess.