#64896: gcc and gcc-devel run fails libSystem.B.dylib not found

Alan Needleman alan6630 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 01:19:23 UTC 2022

Thank you very much for your response.

I apologize for being imprecise.

1. The computer is a 2020 MacBook Air m1 and the operating system is MacOS 12.3. However, I have the same problem on a 2013 Intel MacBook Pro running MacOS 11.6.5.

2. The code is a Fortran code that I compiled using gfortran. The code solves partial differential equations for scientific modeling.

3. The basic problem is that the code has large static arrays so the static storage exceeds 4 GBytes. It seems odd to me that a modern 64bit computer and operating system is limited to 32bit addressing for arrays.

4. I had found the URLs you listed in your email but I didn’t find them helpful. That could certainly be because I didn’t fully understand them. My limitation.

Many thanks for your reply anyway. Much appreciated.

Best regards.

Alan

> #64896: gcc and gcc-devel run fails libSystem.B.dylib not found
> -----------------------------+--------------------
> Reporter: AlanTAMU | Owner: (none)
> Type: defect | Status: new
> Component: ports | Version:
> Resolution: | Keywords:
> Port: ggc, gcc-devel |
> -----------------------------+--------------------
> Changes (by ryandesign):
>
> * keywords: libSystem.B.dylib =>
>

> Old description:
>
>> dyld[93269]: dyld cache '/System/Library/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_arm64e'
>> not loaded: syscall to map cache into shared region failed
>> dyld[93269]: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>> Referenced from: /Users/alan/bench/lapack-test/a.out
>> Reason: tried: '/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file),
>> '/usr/local/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file)
>
> New description:
>
> {{{
> dyld[93269]: dyld cache '/System/Library/dyld/dyld_shared_cache_arm64e'
> not loaded: syscall to map cache into shared region failed
> dyld[93269]: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> Referenced from: /Users/alan/bench/lapack-test/a.out
> Reason: tried: '/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file),
> '/usr/local/lib/libSystem.B.dylib' (no such file)
> }}}
>
> --

> What version of macOS? What version of Xcode? What computer? Have you
> searched for this error message? Here are some results I found; maybe they
> are relevant to you:
>
> * https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/697494
> * https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/669533
>
> --