High Sierra Install

James jam at tigger.ws
Sun May 1 23:43:14 UTC 2022

Hi
I've had a torrid time.

I've got an  iMac stuck at High Sierra.

I tried to build mythtv using John Hoyt's script that gets lots from macports.
It failed.

Lots of (help from Craig) clean, reset, some failed eg inkscape, gimp but some eg curl qt5 worked.

I then totally removed macports as per the wiki.
I reinstalled and the re-install is stuck at "Running package scripts"

I can limp back to a timemachine backup or continue with major surgery, This machine is stuck ar High Sierra so I need a fix for the rest of this machine's life.
I put in a 2T flash so the machine is nice to use!

James