Announcement: macports.el, an Emacs porcelain for MacPorts

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue May 3 05:09:20 UTC 2022

On Tue, 3 May 2022, Peter West wrote:

> Ah, a trivia magnet.

Trivia R Us :-)

> Fun fact: emacs, of that which was to become emacs, was originally
> written in TECO, an editor, and obviously a very powerful one.
>
> TECO attracted its own expansions. My favourite – Text Eraser and
> COrrupter.

Added to my list...

Having had to learn to use TECO in the past (a contract job when still at
Uni), I used to type a name into it to see what it did (every character
was a command)...

Now, the most that I can remember these days is:

    E$ - edit and take a backup

Well, as least to delete a line in VI was "dd"...  It was difficult to do
something dangerous with it.

-- Dave