IRC channel

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun May 8 08:41:47 UTC 2022

On Sun, 8 May 2022 at 00:20, Michele Venturi wrote:

> you should care enough to look for someone to do it if you can not do it
> and I should not need to tell you what to do with it, no?

No, the person who voluntarily offered the server and set up the chat
the first time around, is not a tiny bit any more obliged to continue
running the service than me or you are.

The whole project is run by volunteers with full time jobs, families
and other hobbies beyond MacPorts.
The community will happily accept contributions from anyone who's
capable of improving the overall experience of using MacPorts in any
given area.

So if you know how to configure the server yourself or if you know how
to find someone to do it for us, we'll be more than happy to see it
come back to life.

If we collect sufficient donations (or in some other way), we might be
able to ask Rocket.Chat developers themselves for support (for fixing
the bug that broke oauth in recent versions). If you know how to tell
rocket chat that they "should fix their bug" (we are not currently
paying them a dime), that kind of help from you would also be more
than welcome.

Mojca