A simple request (MkHexGrid) turned into ...

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:38:31 UTC 2022

> On May 14, 2022, at 1:21 PM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>

> See:
>    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/multimedia/dav1d/Portfile#L47-L50
> suggesting that this looks like a workaround for a bug in the meson
> build system that has been ignored for more than a year:
>    https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/8307
> and it looks as if this was only relevant for macOS <= 10.9.

I fixed this about a year and a half ago here:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/229bb3be0e72cdbc0fd2f97fc74350a50fa5538f <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/229bb3be0e72cdbc0fd2f97fc74350a50fa5538f>

so dav1d no longer needs to add in a workaround. I think I mentioned that at the time, but the dav1d workaround had just been added so it was kept anyway, for no good reason.

Of course, I haven’t tried to build the port with the old compilers on 10.7 and 10.8 since. It may still fail, for other reasons, as far as I know.

Best,

Ken