iInstall denemo failed due to failure to configure qt5-qtbase

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 22:17:13 UTC 2022

On Oct 29, 2022, at 18:56, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:

> So I downloaded and installed the XCode RC 2 and CL Tools R2..
>
> Then
>
> port diagnose
> Error: The installed version of Xcode, none, is not supported by
> MacPorts. For your currently installed system, the following versions
> of Xcode are supported: 14.1
> LaTeX: xcode-select --install
> xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use
> "Software Update" in System Settings to install updates
>
> What does this mean?

It means MacPorts cannot find your Xcode.app.

Where is it? Is it at /Applications/Xcode.app?

What does "xcode-select -p" print? Is it "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer"? If not, run "sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer" to set it properly. (Replace "/Applications/Xcode.app" with the actual path to your Xcode.app if it's somewhere else.)