Error installing Kampose

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 4 21:21:57 UTC 2022

On Oct 28, 2022, at 12:23, James McManus wrote:

> However, I am still not able to install Kompose. I'm still getting the not a git repository error message:
>
> :info:build Executing:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_kompose/kompose/work/gopath/src/github.com/kubernetes/kompose" && make -j8 -w bin
> :debug:build system:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_kompose/kompose/work/gopath/src/github.com/kubernetes/kompose" && make -j8 -w bin
> :info:build fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> :info:build make: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_kompose/kompose/work/gopath/src/github.com/kubernetes/kompose'
>
> The directory path listed above does exist.

But presumably the directory is not a git repository. And that may be fine. I would ignore this "fatal" error and look for the next error after this.

> The I'm also getting a build error:
>
> :info:build ../../../../pkg/mod/golang.org/x/sys at v0.0.0-20201029080932-201ba4db2418/unix/zsyscall_darwin_amd64.go:121:3: too many errors

The relevant error will be before this line, possibly significantly before. Usually the relevant error is the first error in the extract or patch or configure or build or destroot phase, except that in this case I think you can ignore the message about not being a git repository since, if that were required, the port would have been programmed to accomplish that.

On Oct 28, 2022, at 16:25, James McManus wrote:

> The first errors in the log 404 errors:
>
> :msg:archivefetch --->  Fetching archive for kompose
> :debug:archivefetch Executing org.macports.archivefetch (kompose)
> :debug:archivefetch euid/egid changed to: 0/0
> :debug:archivefetch chowned /opt/local/var/macports/incoming to macports
> :debug:archivefetch euid/egid changed to: 503/501
> :info:archivefetch --->  kompose-1.24.0_0.darwin_22.x86_64.tbz2 doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/macports/incoming/verified
> :msg:archivefetch --->  Attempting to fetch kompose-1.24.0_0.darwin_22.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/kompose
> :debug:archivefetch Fetching archive failed: The requested URL returned error: 404

You can ignore archive fetch failures. They indicate that a pre-compiled archive was not found. No problem; it will be compiled from source on your system. We have not created any pre-compiled archives for macOS Ventura yet.

As you can see it's not always straightforward to determine what the relevant error is, so I recommend when you encounter a port that doesn't install you just file a bug report in our issue tracker and attach the log, and someone else can look at the log and determine what the problem is.