Where is port command documented?

Lukas Oberhuber lukaso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:14:26 UTC 2022

Hi,

I was wondering where the port command flags are documented. For example,
I'm trying to uninstall a port in a script, but when two versions of the
port are installed, it interactively asks which I want to uninstall.

The following versions of gimp3 are currently installed:
 1) gimp3 @2.99.14_0+debugoptimized+quartz+vala
 2) gimp3 @2.99.13_1+debugoptimized+quartz+vala (active)
Enter option(s) [1-2/all]:

This kills my script. What I can't tell is if port -N uninstall gimp3 exists,
or if that is only for port install.

And before you say: "try it", it's on a ci system so a little harder to
try, and really, I want a way to understand all the available flags.

And finally, there is no error message when a flag is used in the wrong
place, so that makes trial and error even harder. Example port install -N
gimp3 does not apply the flag but doesn't error.

Thanks for your help!

Lukas