ports.tar corrupt?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Oct 17 00:27:39 UTC 2022

Dave Horsfall wrote:

> I don't know what it is with MacPorts and me, but here's the latest
> problem; when doing my weekly "port upgrade outdated" I get:
>
>      Warning: Port cairo not found:
>      Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file forrsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar  may be corrupt.
>
> Etc.
>
> How do I fix that?

If the PortIndex is truly corrupt, a selfupdate or sync should set it
right. But I think this might be a previously discussed issue where a
scheduled reclaim run can happen when exiting after syncing the ports
tree, without reloading the index. I'm not sure if a ticket was ever
filed. If that's the case, you don't need to do anything, everything
will be fine the next time you run port (because it loads the index anew
when it starts).

- Josh