MacPorts for Ventura expects Xcode 14.1

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:58:36 UTC 2022

I’m following normal MacPorts migration procedure after upgrading macOS from Monterey to Ventura (13.0).

At the step of running the restore_ports.tcl script, I get errors:

	"The installed version of Xcode (14.0.1) is too old to use on the installed OS version. Version 14.1 or later is recommended on macOS 13.”

This is a surprising stumbling block, since Xcode 14.0.1 is the current released version; 14.1 is still only a release candidate (at this moment RC2).

Is the advisable solution to go ahead and install Xcode 14.1 RC2 along with the corresponding Command Line tools (from developer.apple.com)?

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com