status of 10.5 Leopard

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Thu Sep 8 16:20:16 UTC 2022

Hi,

I currently have three 10.5 Leopard. Specifically I have 3 systems: x86,
x86-64 and PPC32.
To have it, I am using Ken's overlay - it was hard needed.

I did not update since a couple of months - the last update was a bit
hard, especially gimp devlivers non-starting apps, due to universal
wrappers, but with a trick it starts and works.

Now e.g. to test https://trac.macports.org/ticket/58082 I would need to
update.

Ken is updating his repo less now and generally left 10.5 mostly behind.
Is current macPorts building? Is it safe to update? With or without the
overlay?

Riccardo