clamav-server configuration

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:36:45 UTC 2022

Thanks I’m the author.

It appears that this is unrelated to the port and that there’s some issue with your home directory or account setup.

In Unix, the path ‘~’ is a synonym refers to your home directory, typically ‘/Users/MyUserName’, and you definitely should be able to copy stuff there.

If it were me, I’d try to troubleshoot with a few simple commands like:

cd ~
ls ~
ls -ld ~
touch ~/THIS_IS_A_TEMPORARY_FILE
rm ~/THIS_IS_A_TEMPORARY_FILE
ls -ld ~/Library/Services/ClamavScanIt.workflow

If any of that fails, you have bigger issue and should figure out why the path ~ or equivalently (default account configuration) /Users/MyUserName doesn’t exist.

If it works, then there’s some subtler issue with the ‘open’ command.