Unable to build XV

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Sep 19 01:33:32 UTC 2022

On Sun, 18 Sep 2022, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:

> I worked around the existing broken xv binary using a symlink for the
> library (which if it all gets fixed, I’ll remove by hand as I created it
> by hand). [...]

Your workaround works fine; thanks!  I made a Calendar entry to remind me.

I'm not sure whether to file a bug report for that doubly-defined function
or just keep using the existing one; it works, after all (once I'd
installed the symlink).

Damned chimpanzees who think they're programmers...

And because XV is broken I can't continue with upgrading following ports
(even with "-f", which used to work).

-- Dave