Unable to build XV

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 01:36:25 UTC 2022

jasper was recently updated to provide version  3.x, previously it was 2.x

A new port jasper2 was made providing the older version, and ports like xv updated to use it. Unfortunately though it appears if you attempt to build xv whilst having the newer jasper port installed it opportunistically finds and uses headers from that port, and thus ends up with conflicting defines.

Until someone provides a fix for this, you can work around it by deactivating jasper

sudo port deactivate jasper

Then build xv. You can then reactivate jasper safely afterwards.

Chris