mongodb 6.0 - No mongo or mongosh binaries

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 15 02:59:15 UTC 2023

On Apr 7, 2023, at 07:02, Steven Green wrote:

> After updating mongodb to version 6.0, there is no longer a mongo executable, which is how you normally connect to it from a command line.
>
> The mongo web site says "The legacy mongo shell was deprecated in MongoDB 5.0 and removed in MongoDB 6.0. The new MongoDB Shell, mongosh, offers numerous advantages over the legacy shell.".
>
> However, I can not find mongosh in any ports either. Am I overlooking a port?

Looks like this is a separate software package now for which someone will need to make a new port. I filed a ticket to track that:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/67210

I don't plan to work on creating the port myself because mongosh uses nodejs and npm and I don't recall how we deal with that kind of software in MacPorts.