Cannot build glib2

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Apr 16 20:59:26 UTC 2023

Early MacBook Pro (13", mid 2010), High Sierra 10.13.6 (as far as it will
go).

When doing my weekly port upgrade, it bombs out with:

    --->  Building glib2
    Error: Failed to build glib2: command execution failed
    Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_glib2/glib2/main.log for details.

I see a lot of warnings in main.log such as:

    :info:build ld: warning: The i386 architecture is deprecated for macOS (remove from the Xcode build setting: ARCHS)

Is this some insidious attempt by Cupertino to force me to buy an M series?

Compressed main.log attached.

-- Dave