No subject

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Mon Apr 17 23:43:07 UTC 2023

Hi Ken!

hmm... somehow your email got garbled? It is without subject and I
cannot relate.. but I think I got it.

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> meson is now more picky about unrecognized arguments.
>
> This will have to be removed, and then making sure it uses the right
> NM might have to be done another way:
>
> lt_cv_path_NM=/opt/local/bin/nm

Are you suggesting that the "classic" way I used for years:

if {${os.platform} eq "darwin" && ${os.major} < 10} {
     depends_build-append port:cctools
     configure.env-append NM=${prefix}/bin/nm
     configure.args-append lt_cv_path_NM=${prefix}/bin/nm
}

is not correct, since it adds extra arguments? Indeed I was using an old
Portfile, the one I "saved".

The current portfile has:

if {${os.platform} eq "darwin" && ${os.major} < 10} {
     depends_build-append \
                         port:cctools
     configure.env-append \
                         NM=${prefix}/bin/nm
}

I wonder if this different way needs to be propagated to many other
ports or just if meson is used.

pango built now, so resuming build of other stuff!

I will not file a bug, since it is already corrected. This is me trying
to determine pango versions which worked. I am very confused, I have not
found a specific verison pattern - as I noted in the trac ticket.

Thanks!

Riccardo