Verify a file signature

dave c davec2468 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 00:08:48 UTC 2023

I want to verify an installer .dmg file’s signature. I downloaded both files (installer and signature) from the developer’s site.

I installed gpg tools and discovered that gpg is looking for a .sig file, but the signature file available from the developer is an .asc file.

I won’t describe the rabbit hole I went down of installing other packages so to install apt-get which requires other packages be installed first…

I’m not ignorant nor inexperienced using terminal but this time it was just too far.

Looking for help to the shortest distance to my goal of verifying a signature.

Thanks,
Dave
macOS 10.12.6 Sierra