How can I restore /opt/local from time machine backup drive?

Tao Zhang tao.zhang at colorado.edu
Sun Apr 30 03:12:44 UTC 2023

All,

   I want to follow the following procedure to restore /opt/local to
previous date from time machine external drive,

but I get “Time Machine” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s
required by macOS." error message after I click "restore" button.

  Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Tao

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/407890/how-to-backup-and-restore-opt-with-time-machine-on-macos-high-sierra/459300#459300

Proceed as follows:

  * Open a Finder window.
  * Enter Time Machine.
  * Press ShiftCommandG and enter |/| to display the root folder of your
    drive.
  * Press ShiftCommand. to display hidden folders. You should see |/opt|
    now.
  * Browse the timeline on the right-hand side and select the desired date.
  * Select |/opt|.
  * Press Restore. Note that Time Machine will probably ask whether you
    want to keep a copy of your current files.

<https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/459300/494787>